Everyone has to travel for one reason or another at some point. Maybe it’s for a vacation or a business trip. Being comfortable while you are away from home is essential no matter what reason you are traveling. It can be a stressful time. There’s so much to do to make sure you are ready for your trip. Below are some packing tips to make your time away from home more enjoyable.
*This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I might make a very small commission to help support my blog. Thank you.
1. Pack your suitcase in advance. Don’t wait until last minute to get your bags ready. This will give you time to pack any forgotten items. This is one of those packing tips that many people ignore but it will save you a lot of stress if you just do it.
2. Make a checklist of items that you need to bring with you. Making a list will make it easier to remember exactly what to pack. You can check off items as you add them to your bag.
3. Bring a first-aid kit. You never know when you may need a band aid or something for a headache. Having a first aid kit with you on your trip will come in handy if you need something quickly.
4. Don’t forget your cell phone charger. Even bringing an extra is a good idea just in case you loose one. You don’t want to be away from home without a cell phone charger.
5. Placing your socks and underwear inside of your shoes will not only save some space in your bags it will also keep your shoes from loosing their shape.
6. Rolling your clothing up instead of folding them will help save some room in your suitcase. This is one of those packing tips I have been doing for years and it really works.
7. A suitcase with wheels can be a great item investment. Pulling a rolling suitcase is much easier on your back then trying to carry it on your back or in your hands.
8. Place your personal liquid items, like shampoo, sunscreen and even toothpaste, in a zip lock plastic bag. You can have a separate bag for cosmetics, bathroom essentials and skin care items. This will protect the other items in your bag in case of a spill.
9. Pour some of your personal toiletries like shampoo or conditioner into smaller bottles. You may want to use see thru bottles and label them that way you can tell what is in them. This will take up much less room in your bags.
10. Pack a few empty plastic bags, like garbage bags, to store wet or dirty clothing or shoes in. That way your whole suitcase doesn’t get messy.
11. Pack clothing that match. You could make several outfits out of only a few items of clothing. This leaves you with a variety of outfits and only takes up a small amount of space in your bags.
12. Pack a scarf. They can be used in a variety of ways and doesn’t take up much space.
13. Make sure the shoes you pack are comfortable. There is nothing worse than being stuck away from home with a pair of uncomfortable shoes.
14. If your suitcase doesn’t have a divider you can make one with a piece of lightweight cardboard or even folded plastic bags. This will make getting what you need out of your bag easier. Just lift off a layer to get what you need.
15. Leave a little room in your suitcase for items you may want to buy and bring home with you or even consider bringing one of those foldable duffel bags if you think you will be purchasing a lot of items on your trip.
These are just a few tips to help you pack for your business or personal trip. We would love to hear your best tips for packing for your trip.